Imagine standing at the edge of an open doorway in an aircraft flying at 10,000 feet – the noise of the engines and the wind ringing in your ears with only the outline of distant fields below. Now imagine leaning forward out of that doorway and letting go – falling forward into the clouds, diving down through the air as you start freefalling at over 120mph!
Then imagine the peace and quiet as the canopy opens, the steering toggles come down either side of you and you begin a tranquil parachute descent from a mile up in the air, steering yourself back down to the centre of the drop zone below. Imagine being able to do this for FREE whilst harnessed to a professional freefall parachute instructor and at the same time being able to help a good cause!
What does the jump involve?
Technically the jump is called a ‘Tandem Skydive’. It is a Skydive because you will be freefalling through the air (without the parachute deployed) for several thousand feet; it is in Tandem because you will be harnessed to a professional parachute instructor at all times throughout the descent.
This is the only way you can jump from such an altitude without spending thousands of pounds becoming a freefall parachutist. This is literally the chance of a lifetime!
This jump is also much less demanding than the traditional ‘static line’ jump as the jump and training are completed in one day and your instructor will be in control of your landing.
Points to remember
- Jump and training completed in one day
- Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times
- Jump from at least 10,000 feet – just like the professionals
- Freefall down to 5,000 feet – falling through the air at 120 mph!
- Ride the parachute down to the ground – we teach you how to steer onto the drop zone
- Landing controlled by your instructor
- Certificate to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
How to qualify for a free jump
All you have to do is raise £395* (or more!) for Just a Drop by asking your friends and colleagues to sponsor you. Please do not be put off by this amount – if you ask everybody you know to sponsor you, you will find you can quite easily raise the minimum £395 sponsorship and remember, every penny you raise over the minimum will be further contributing to Just a Drop and giving you the chance to make an exhilarating freefall parachute jump for FREE!
* For airfields based in Scotland and Northern Ireland the minimum sponsorship level for a tandem skydive is £450.
What do I do next?
After that all you have to do is make an exhilarating Tandem Skydive from 10,000 feet for FREE!